Sunday, December 5, 2010

In The Desert of My Mind

dawn at the oasisImage by freshelectrons via Flickr


In the desert of my mind
All that’s here is space and time.
Persian carpets around me weave
Ballads of past and future peeks.

In the desert of my mind.

Gallant Knight in battle fast
The war today, a different task.
No more challenges to class
It’s down to words, whose will last?

Steed of black you come
Riding high in mid-day sun.
Knight in darkness he arrives
Scrambling to glimpse a plume on high.

An Oasis made just for you
Its only role is to witness truth.
Fountains flowing with all bestowed
A wishing well with all you've sowed.

Sweet wine made of bitter fruits
Saved upon lips of brutes.
Waiting for a sign
In the desert of my mind.

In the desert of my mind.

Turning away the hand of peace
The stand you take the vault released.
Seeing beyond the plastic mask
Clock moves closer to its task.

A necklace made of purple stone
Upon the sunlight’s radiant throne.
A cloak of silver and of gold
Freedom grasps beneath its folds.

In the desert of my mind.
All that’s here is yours and mine.
Draping around this sacred space
Alas, dear Knight I’ve seen your face.

In the desert of my mind.




Songbird Expression 32.2.19


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: